Need to jazz up your professional wardrobe now that summer's over? OR are you at a different place than you were a year ago, as far as your clothing needs go?
It has been FAR too long! Join us for another fabulous edition of the Ladies' Clothing Swap! Michelle Newman Brady at the creative COOP will be serving as host for this gathering. Here is what you do:
1) Go through your closet, your drawers, your stashes of clothing.
2) Pack up the LIGHTLY USED items that you no longer wear. (Note: the swap is not the place for the old, worn out stuff - bring the items you no longer want but think may look awesome on a friend!) I normally use the 6 month guideline. If I haven't worn it in 6 months, it needs to go.
3) On Sunday, Sept 23, bring your bags of clothes, accessories, purses, and shoes to the gym of the UCG Annex (at the creative coop).
4) Bring a snack and a drink to share with the other ladies in attendance!
5) Then.......shop the swap!!!
It's that easy.
Q: Will there be anyone there my size?
A: I have no idea. BUT there will more than likely be clothing there your size!! There will also be shoes, accessories, purses - so please come and enjoy!
Q: What happens to all the left over clothes?
A: You can either take your items back home OR you can leave them with the host to be donated to St. Vincent de Paul's Thrift Store in Newark.
Q: Can I bring a friend?
A: Sure! Just please RSVP for them, and that friend needs to bring stuff for the swap too
Q: What kinds of clothes should I bring?
A: Any and all types, as long as they are lightly used - workout wear, career wear, jeans, yoga pants, sports bras, dresses, things covered in glitter, leather skirts....whatever. Even if you are over it, someone else may have been wanting one of those items forever. Bring shoes, accessories, scarves - anything wearable!
Have questions? Email Michelle at email@example.com